WHAT TO EXPECT
What to expect
1) This is only a screening to determine urgency and next steps. Additional in-person appointments might be needed to confirm a diagnosis.
2) Since we are collecting your medical history and images before your screening, our team is able to save you time, which means appointments are approximately 10 minutes long.
3) We can only examine one skin issue at a time. However, we encourage you to schedule additional appointments during your initial screening.
4) We will send you an email with appointment details within one business day once the medical forms are completed. Appointments with specialists are typically scheduled within 24 to 72 hours of when we receive your medical forms.
5) GetSkinHelp.com is an intermediary between people and doctors. Any “in-person” appointment that take place off the website is fully controlled and serviced by your attending doctor.
Frequently asked questions
Is the website secure?
Yes! Whether it be email, prescriptions, or diagnoses, we hold ourselves to the same government standards as any “brick & mortar” medical clinic and are compliant with all Ontario regulations when it comes to the privacy and security of our patient’s digital information.
Does GetSkinHelp.com cost anything?
No. If you have an Ontario Insurance Health Plan (OHIP), University Health Insurance Plan (UHIP), or Blue Cross card you are covered.
Will I get an official diagnosis if I use GetSkinHelp.com?
No. GetSkinHelp.com is a screening service that bypasses the long waiting lists to connect patients with a skin specialist in a matter of days, sometimes even hours.
What will happen is that during your virtual appointment, the doctor will look at your skin condition and suggest next steps.
That might involve a more thorough, in-person examination and possibly even tests such as a biopsy.
How much of my medical history do I need to submit?
Can I use my phone to take a picture of the skin abnormality, or do I need a special tool?
How many images should I submit?
We ask that you send us at least three pictures that are in clear and in focus. All pictures should contain one point of reference, like a coin, and at least one picture should indicate where on your body the skin condition can be found.
Can I submit images for more than one skin condition?
No. We ask that you for your initial screening you show us only your biggest concern. However, do not hesitate to schedule additional appointments with the doctor during your screening.
Can I also register a loved one and submit their images?
Definitely. In fact, we encourage people to help loved ones who may not be tech-savvy and guide them through the process.
Are my images and my medical history secure?
Yes! As we are an Ontario-based company, we must adhere to all provincial and national regulations dealing with the safeguarding of medical data, privacy, and security.
How will I be able to connect with a doctor online?
Or you can click here when it is time for your screening and enter the virtual waiting room. The doctor to let you in when they are ready.